Monday, July 30, 2012

Reaper Kickstart ... Shut Up And Take My Money


Seriously, do it. I missed out on Zombicide and Ogre. Whoops. Then there was Sedition Wars. Now there's Reaper Bones. With 26 days to go, I can't wait to see what the final reward package will be. It's looking pretty sweet now.

I don't know if you've seen Bones yet, but they are quite inexpensive. A Minotaur on Reaper's site that costs $6.29 in metal is only $3.29 for the same sculpt in the Bones line. If they really take paint without priming then I am completely enamored. I pretty much hate the gooey plastic PP uses (maybe I just don't know how to work it properly, I dunno...) so the idea of hard plastic for minis appeals to me. Plus, when my kids want to paint something (and not another clan rat or AoBR Ork) I will have a lot of (inexpensive) choices for them.

EDIT: Lovely. Now this. Backed, of course.

As much as I love kickstarter, I can't really discern it from walking into Gamestop and being asked to pre-order something. Except I don't have to deal with a filthy human teenager trying to sell me NHL 2013 Xtreme Icecapades. This is stuff I really want. Really want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.