Friday, September 10, 2010

Poor Island of Blood Skaven Take One for the Team

First off, let me say that I love the new set.  The minis are awesome.

Poor little rats.  GW just posted the Island of Blood reference sheet on their website.

By my reckoning....

High Elves: 953 pts and not legal list
Skaven: 659 pts, legal list (except for the mysterious warlock engineer halberd)

Now, I'm not expert as to which number is higher than other numbers, but it sure looks like the High Elves are at a distinct advantage over the Skaven.  I thought maybe the inclusion of the griffon was the issue, but the more I fiddle with the list the more I realize that I can't make a High Elf list work with those models.  There are just too many points in special and too few in core.  Even if the Prince just walks and gives up all his special equipment he costs too much to fit with the small core points level.

So I'm interested to hear if anyone has played the set as delivered.  Are the High Elves just unable to handle the model count that Skaven bring?  Or are the Skaven magic/weapon teams just too much for equitable High Elf points to handle?  Maybe they are just there to lose and give a feeling of false security to the Forces of Order in some cunning plot by the Council of 13.  Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.