Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Simple Gaming Table part 5

Okay, something had to go wrong sooner or later, right?  I gave the board a nice watered down white glue wash to protect everything, and that went well.  Then I stuck the 2" border wood on the edges with construction adhesive.  Whoops.  The smoosh of adhesive made an ugly looking uneven bead on and off down the length of the border.  I ended up smoothing the bead out and getting construction adhesive on the terrain.  It looks like I'm going to have to paint the edges again, which isn't a big deal.  I'm also planning on painting the border now (as opposed to staining it) and I'm not sure what color to use.  I'm leaning toward the Apple Barrel Nutmeg Brown / Bestial Brown.  Maybe that will give an overall warmer look to the board color.

I suppose I should plan on getting rid of the toys from that area now that the board is coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.