Friday, July 23, 2010

Blood Ravens Shrike Proxy - Step 1

I've had a few random emails lately about my Blood Ravens painting recipe.  As a result I'm going to do a step-by-step with a model I'm painting.

We have here the model I plan to use as a Shrike proxy.  His head and the front of his body are from the Black Reach captain, which also includes that sash in the front.  The legs and his back are standard Space Marine tactical bits.  The arms are from an assault terminator, with the tops of the arms trimmed down both to mate up better with the body and to accommodate the smaller shoulder pads.  The base is a few odd pieces of shale.

I'll cover the basecoat next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.