Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Warlords Are So Lazy

Just riding around on his war-litter, carried by his loyal minions.... man, how lazy can you get?  It seems like everyone and their brother are making a war-litter so I thought I'd give it a go.  My big gaming day was cancelled due to a sick 5-year old, so I took some time over the weekend to work on this.  The paint job is yet another "good from far..." gaming special.  It does the job, and the clanrats actually have tails (unlike most of my army.)

One of the things I'm going to miss about the old monkey rats is the convertibility options.  The new three piece models (one of which is a shield) just don't have the sort of posing options that the eight part model had (of which two were shield parts.)  I haven't looked at the new Stormvermin for conversion.  Maybe they are just right for the task.

Modeling wise, the litter itself is balsa.  The Warlord's sword and the one carried by the rat in the right rear are spear tips from the new clanrat box.  They make wicked looking swords!  The rails that the clanrats are holding are spear shafts from the old clanrat box set.  The axe blades are from a Black Orc (right) and Dwarf (front).  I wanted to imply that some Skaven clans had been defeated by this fellow as well, hence the blue Skaven shield and the triangle shield with the clan Eshin symbol on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.