Saturday, May 12, 2007

Unlikey Event

As you may recall from my post last week, the girls and I won an Orcs & Goblins army box at the local games workshop store.

We won another one today, in the same sort of drawing. $430 worth of Warhammer figures in two weeks. It was a little embarrassing. Last week we received a lot of congratulations. This week a few people asked, "Didn't you win last week?" The plan now is to eBay the new box and buy a Tomb Kings army for the girls.

EDIT: eBay link. Since the army box contains a limited edition Orc Shaman, only available through this version of the army box, I'm hoping I can get a pretty good price for it. Wargamers tend to like limited edition figures, especially the ones that aren't available at retail anymore.

EDIT #2: I'm a little slow. I should have just declined the prize and let them give it to someone else. I was a little freaked out by the whole thing and it didn't even occur to me. In fact, I didn't even know that they were awarding another Orcs & Goblins box until they handed it to us. Now I feel really bad. I should have handled this better.

EDIT #3: A kid at the Games Workshop on 5/20 store echoed my own suspicions by telling me that I should not have taken it. One of the workers there immediately chimed in with the fact that this kid himself had won about $100 worth of stuff that day, so complaining seemed a little odd. The second army box, minus the limited edition shaman, have been traded away for a mess of Tomb Kings. The girls were geeked at the idea of having their own skeletal horde.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you won it fair and square. But I know the feeling... You could always salve your conscience by painting up a couple of minis and eBaying them for charity or something :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.