Friday, March 02, 2007

The Opposite of Selling


No, I didn't paint this. For the first time ever, I am bidding on a painted mini on eBay. The painter, Shawn R.L., is a CMON regular whose work I have admired for some time, especially in the lighting simulation. Since I have never really seen a really well painted mini in person, I figured I would take a stab at buying this one with the meager funds in my paypal account.

Part of me wants to win. Part of me wants him to get $100 for it. It's a really nice looking mini.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice, but by my books he kind of skimped on the basing. There are valid reasons to do that, of course, a big one being to not distract from the mini itself. And this one's pretty sweet. It displays exemplariness. Good luck with the auction!

    ps: in reply to your comment, no extreme closeup mini photos from me - I am avoiding posting to that CMON thread as I do all threads started by Alexi - IMO she only posts when she wants attention, which I am unwilling to give to her ;) But damn... some painters' work DOES stand up well to that kind of scrutiny. I'm just not one of them!

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.