Monday, June 05, 2006

Happy 5th Lily!

Yesterday was my daughter Lillian's 5th birthday! After church, Stef's mom came over and took Lily out to lunch, then we painted some plaster sculptures, went to small group, and came home. I let the girls sleep on the couch last night (always a big hit) while they watched "Howl's Moving Castle." About 20 minutes into the movie, Lily looked up and asked, "Daddy, do you think I should wear a birthday crown today?" She was disappointed when I told her that there was only a couple hours of "today" left, and that we would get her a crown for her birthday party next week. She seemed mollified.

I've been staying up way too late painting again. Along with the endless slog of dwarfs, I've chosen five minis to paint for immediate eBay sale. The first WIP is a Space Marine Blood Angels Chaplain with jump pack. It's a mouthful, but it's a fairly popular version of a Space Marine army, and I hope the character looks good enough that someone will want it.

I made the skull-helmet black, which is atypical, with some object source lighting on the green eyes. I'm still not sure what to do with the arm holding the gun. It's just sort of... lost down there, especially with the red panel I gave the gun. The base turned out kind of cool, but it balances the figure a little to one side, so I added a washer under the base to keep it from tipping over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.