Friday, June 09, 2006

Glitter Carnage, et al.

Stef has a migraine this morning, so I'm home while she has an Imitrex moment. Sarah suddenly decided that she needs to make Lily a birthday card (since Lily was five on Sunday I can certainly understand the pressing need. Lily marks 10% off your grade for each day late, I hear.) To make said card, she absolutely needed glitter. I think with Stef down this was her golden moment. She knew exactly where the glitter was, and she has a semi-plausible reason to use it. All that was left is to spring the plan on Dad.

Once Lily saw Sarah using glitter, she had to use it too. In a perfect world for girls ages five to seven, I believe they would choose to eat glitter, sleep in glitter, and construct families from glitter. And flowers. Flowers made from glitter.

Here's the mistake part: I left them unattended for a few minutes. The scene of carnage when I returned was epic. They had somehow used about five cubic inches of glitter both on their little "projects" and in just haphazard piles on the table. Think about it. It's just a guess, but a realistic one. Five cubic inches. I believe I read somewhere that if you were to stack the glitter particles end to end, that would be enough glitter to stretch from Green Bay to St. Louis.

Oh, and Jay is two years old today. We're not making a big deal out of it since his party is tomorrow. No need to confuse the little guy.

1 comment:

  1. And don't you DARE attempt to restrict or contain their glitter usage; they instantly attain PMS, despite being under the age of 10. Their grief is a mighty thing to behold...

    ReplyDelete

I had to add anti-spam measures because, let's face it, almost nobody comments on blogs anymore unless they are spamming. Sorry.